AIBS members are part of a community of individuals and organizations sharing knowledge and resources to advance research and education in the biological sciences. There are many ways you can support these efforts, membership is a great way to get started.
For individuals, membership is open to professional biologists, students, educators, and people who just love biology. With your membership you will:
- participate in advocacy opportunities and grassroots campaigns that serve the field in public policy, education, and public understanding of science.
- opportunities to shape the future of science by participating in meetings and informing decision-makers.
- receive access to BioScience online (or receive a print subscription with print surcharge of $40).
- from posters to books, receive a discount on items in our webstore.
have access to favorable group pricing, specialized coverage, and association discounts on insurance protection offered through the Trust for Insuring Educators (TIE). Plans include:
- Professional liability Insurance plans
- GEICO auto, motorcycle, homeowners and renters insurance
- Term life, accident and disability plans from New York Life
- ACA compliant health plans; dental, cancer and long-term care insurance
- receive holiday discounts with companies like Harry and David.
Member organizations work with AIBS to advance the field and profession of biology and bringing its discoveries to a broad audience. Click to read additional information about membership for organizations.
The following are our membership categories and rates for individuals:
|Individual: This membership category is open to any individual who is interested in membership in the Institute. Price: $70/year
|Family: A family membership is available for individuals living at the same address, who would like to have unique membership profiles in the AIBS community forum. Price: $90/year
|Sustaining:A sustaining member of AIBS receives a full regular membership, in addition to becoming a supporting friend of AIBS programs that serve the biology community. Price: $90/year
|Emeritus: Emeritus membership is available to a person who has been a Regular, Sustaining, or Family dues-paying member of AIBS for at least ten years and has retired. Price: $50/year
|Student: K to Graduate: This membership option is available for active, registered students of any age. Price: $30/year
|K-12 Teacher/Administrator:This membership option is available for educators and administrators in K-12 schools. Price: $45/year
|Lifetime: Receive membership benefits for the rest of your life following a one-time payment of $1400.
Application process: Membership applications take about ten minutes to complete online. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover, Paypal, or payment offline via personal or business check. If paying by a check, an invoice will be generated at the end of your checkout process that can be printed and mailed to AIBS.
Ready to begin the membership application process?
Click to join now!
Photo Credit: Andrew Bernard